The main concern of Tobacco Control would be to offer a forum for research, analysis, commentary, and debate on policies, programmes, and methods which can be more likely to further the objectives of the tobacco control policy that is comprehensive. In documents submitted for review the introduction should suggest why the study reported or dilemmas discussed are essential when it comes to managing tobacco use, plus the conversation area will include an analysis of the way the research reported plays a part in tobacco control goals.
Documents firmly anchored to a strategic policy and programme context are more inclined to be accepted for book. Due to the fact log seeks to attain a worldwide readership, writers should think about whether their intended submissions target dilemmas or themes, that are probably be of great interest to scientists employed in other countries. Extremely parochial dilemmas, that incorporate few classes for tobacco control policy outside a paper’s local context, are not likely to be provided with high concern. The manuscripts editors will generally speaking maybe maybe not offer priority that is high:
- Studies of smoking cigarettes prevalence as well as its correlates. They are most suitable to journals that are national. Few people living outside a national nation have an interest in whether that country has 30% or 35% of cigarette cigarette cigarette smokers.
- Knowledge, attitudes, behaviour (KAB) studies of specific populace teams or health care professionals. Once more, they are better suited to national journals or even to wellness speciality that is professional. Few individuals in other nations could be thinking about (for instance) whether nurses in a local medical center are thinking about helping patients quit. National studies, and people using studies that are such initial areas are of more interest.
- Reports that evoke unanimous “so what?” responses from the editors. They are documents with findings that appear to hold no importance that is obvious changing policy or training in tobacco control. They often times show methodological finery, but take us anywhere don’t essential or interesting.
- Advice pieces where in fact the viewpoints are unoriginal, badly argued, naive or neglect for essential ethical problems in favour of sloganeering.
- Documents that show the writers have not opened Tobacco Control nor comprehend its focus that is primary on control as opposed to on tobacco as well as its usage and health consequences. We have been enthusiastic about such documents, but as long as their writers address the implications of the findings for tobacco control.
- Papers with glaringly apparent, fatal problems that are methodological.
- Documents on topics that want extremely technical or discipline-specific language not likely to be grasped by the almost all readers.
- Documents that are replications of currently well-established findings or provide little information that is new.
- Neighborhood studies where in actuality the implications for the journal’s international market are confusing.
- Reports written for governments or neighborhood wellness authorities that somebody thought could be offered an instant make-over and presented as a log paper.
Tobacco Control adheres to your greatest criteria concerning its editorial policies on publication ethics, medical misconduct, permission and peer review criteria. To look at all BMJ Journal policies please make reference to the BMJ Author Hub policies web web page.
Articles are posted under a unique licence or non-exclusive licence for British Crown workers or where BMJ has agreed CC BY is applicable. The terms are as stated in accordance with our licence terms for US Federal Government officers or employees acting as part of their official duties. Writers or their employers retain copyright. Start access articles is reused beneath the regards to the appropriate imaginative Commons licence to facilitate reuse regarding the content; please relate to the Tobacco Control Author Licence for the applicable Creative Commons licences”.
Tobacco industry funded work
Tobacco Control will maybe not give consideration to for book documents work that is reporting, in entire or in component, with a tobacco business or tobacco industry company. Nor will the consider that is journal by authors whom accept tobacco industry capital, including money for research costs, for many or section of any author’s income, or any other kinds of individual remuneration. For more info, please check this out editorial providing the thinking behind the journal’s policy. Failure to declare contending passions at distribution, or whenever a write-up is commissioned, may result in immediate rejection regarding the paper. In case a contending interest comes to light after book, Tobacco Control will issue an official modification to or retraction for the entire paper, as appropriate.
Material previously published online
Tobacco Control is happy to think about documents based wholly or perhaps in component on material previously published on line. But writers should think about an editorial about this topic: Prior book on line: brand brand new log policy. The editor keeps the right that is customary make changes any way you like of course required to shorten, because of the approval associated with the author(s), product accepted for publication. Any written or illustrative product that is published somewhere else must certanly be duly recognized and associated with the penned consent of this copyright owner (this might be the publisher as opposed to the writer).
Under unique circumstances in which a paper’s findings have actually instantly policy that is relevant warranting urgent book, manuscripts can be fast tracked in front of the normal queue of documents. If you feel you feel it is of sufficient importance to be handled urgently that you have good reasons why this is true for your paper, please detail these in a cover letter, explaining the importance of your work for the field and the reason. This demand will not guarantee that the editors will concur, and just a couple of documents per year will likely be expedited with this foundation, however it might help the editors to judge the paper’s value when you look at the present context.
Formatting, terms and revised manuscripts
Documents on e cigarettes should utilize the term cigarettes that are‘electronic on very first usage, after which it the abbreviation ‘e-cigarettes’ may be utilized. Papers on other nicotine distribution systems may continue to utilize the definition of ‘electronic smoking distribution systems’ accompanied by the abbreviation ‘ENDS’ after very very first usage.
Whenever uploading a revised manuscript, writers must also add a different manuscript file showcasing the tracked changes to show the editors the real difference through the past version. The monitored modifications document must be uploaded as a supplementary file.
Analysis gu > that is reporting
BMJ requires conformity to your following reporting instructions. Please upload the appropriate finished list for the submission to your study type, and label it “Research checklist”. If no appropriate list is available for the research type, this is often suggested regarding the distribution kind.
CONSORT statement – Required for all randomised managed studies
PRISMA statement – necessary for all systematic reviews
EVEREST statement – Required for several financial evaluations
STARD statement – Required for several research that is diagnostic
STROBE statement – necessary for all observational studies
SQUIRE statement – Required for many quality enhancement studies
Guidance and kinds can be obtained from EQUATOR.
We video that is welcome to come with accepted research articles. These enable authors to individually talk through their work beyond the limitations of the formal article to improve the user’s understanding. Note that people will perhaps not request you to give consideration to publishing a video clip abstract until your paper happens to be accepted. Please usually do not try to upload a video clip abstract upon initial distribution of one’s manuscript.
There are lots of tutorials online which could guide the creation of a video clip abstract, using commonly and sometimes software that is freely available. Windows film Maker and Apple iMovie would be the many examples that are common. Samples of video clip abstracts can be obtained from The BMJ. Here are a few instructions for making a video clip abstract. Writers might also desire to ask their institution’s press/media workplace for support.
- Movie abstracts must not go longer than 4 moments.
- The information while focusing for the video clip must connect straight to the research that is accepted for publication, and may maybe not stray beyond the information. We suggest which you proceed with the exact writing essays same framework given that paper itself i.e. briefly outline the background/context regarding the research, provide your quest goal, outline the techniques used, provide the main element outcomes and then talk about the implications of this results.
- The presentation and content of this video clip must be in a mode plus in terms that’ll be understandable and available to an over-all audience that is medical. The language that is main be English, but we welcome subtitles an additional language. Please avoid jargon that’ll not be acquainted to an extensive audience that is medical and never utilize abbreviations.
- Writers often talk straight into the digital digital digital camera and/or provide a slideshow, but we encourage the usage of other appropriate artistic and material that is audiosuch as for example animations, videos, nevertheless photographs, figures, infographics). If you want to utilize product from formerly posted work or off their sources, please receive the appropriate permissions through the appropriate publisher or copyright owner.